Hello all,
This is my first time ever using a blog so please bear with me!
I've decided to write my experience as a foster carer who is currently in process of adopting ..My experience is quite unusual and I hope to help others out there that are following the same route or even people that are just starting the adoption process.
My husband and I were asked several times if becoming foster carers was an " easy" route to adoption. Obviously this question was asked by non foster carers.. because if you are one, you know that there is no short cut ( maybe the fact that the child is already living with you ) but it is just as hard and even more worrying, as the child who you already love and care for, can be moved any time! So my answer is No, it was not!
For you to understand our path to adoption, I will need to explain why we became foster carers in the first place. And it all started with moving house and getting a puppy...We had no idea what a foster carer was until the day the puppy got ran over by one...
Oh boy, what we got ourselves into!!
No comments:
Post a Comment